[ASTRO] Re: signing off

Matthew Whyte wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission [X-HJIKE27.W4]
>
> Star Crunch wrote
>
> >this departure comes as a result of recent talks with the
> >band that revealed increasing differences of opinions of what the entity
> >known as man or astro-man actually is.
>
> Before I go on, I just want to point out that I share some of the
> previously expressed opinions; SC will be missed and I wish him well for
> the future.
>
> However, and I don't specifically mean to pry, but I was curious as to
> what these differences of opinion might be. Anyone have any idea as what
> the band see themselves as?
>
> This is really just an RFC, but I was wondering if the last album, Made
> from Technetium, perhaps signalled a change in direction? MFT is a fine
> album, but it was definitely different; less samples and a distinctly
> heavier/grungier/less-surfy feel. This makes me wonder (sorry to even
> suggest this) if there is less humour in the band than before and perhaps
> they're taking themselves a little more seriously?
>
> Was perhaps SC at odds with Coco over this, or do I (as is often the
> case) not know what I'm talking about?
>
> Matthew
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------"They put nitro in their cars sometimes, instead of the fuel
> that's intended to be in the cars, so that the cars will go faster.
> And they do. For five or ten laps. And then they blow all to hell..."

> .. end astro-transmission [X-HJIKE27.W4]

I was thinking this same thought. It seems like ever since they got on
TOuch & Go they tried to be more serious. I loved 1000X and MFT. I
wonder if this CLone tour was an attempt to go back to the old sound and
maybe Star Crunch (or Coco) didn't want to go back to that style.
Star Crunch will be impossible to replace.
As the guitar player and singer I would think he is the main songwriter.
His guitar style was one of the main reasons I really got into them.
(yes I play guitar)
I hope they just put out a new album with SC and then call it quits. The
Clones were fun but I would rather see the real deal.
Star Crunch is not Dr. Deleto,Dexter X or Captain Zeno that can be
replaced.
Just my opinion,
steve
Did this just RUIN everyones day or what?