[ASTRO] Re: <()> / \ <()>

.. begin astro-transmission

> From tjgi@doitnow.com Wed May 28 18:00:50 1997
> Date:  Wed, 28 May 1997 17:57:24 -0700
> From: mr know-it-all <tjgi@doitnow.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of <astro-list@furball.slime.org>
> Subject:  [ASTRO]  Re: <()> / \ <()>
>
> .. begin astro-transmission
>
> ok you are all crazy.
> 1.  aerosmith started rap in 1973 with "walk this way".

Naah!  Ken Nordine is the father of rap!

> 2.  vonnegut is great.  heinlein's later stuff isn't juvenile, it's
> libertarian, which is a bit above the american norm.  read it with an
> open mind.

Libertarian?!  His later works are nothing more than the self-indulgent
rantings of a dirty old man.  It _really_ peeves me when some self
riteous hippie tells me "open your mind".  Who's to say your mind is
more open than mine?  What, exactly, do you mean by "open" and what
is good about it?  Is it good to disengage critical thinking and just
accept whatever pours into your conciousness without question?

I'll open my mind if you discipline yours.

>  bukowski is the greatest american author since twain.

Don't know of Bukowski, but I'll check it out on your reccomendation,
especially since you give acknowledgement to Twain.

> 3.  this list is supposed to be man or astroman!  but keep this stuff
> coming!  it's fun.

Agreed.  This is by far the funnest list I'm on.

<snip!>