[ASTRO] Re: Fave Bands

.. begin astro-transmission

<snip!>
> From: Maggadog@aol.com
> To: Multiple recipients of <astro-list@furball.slime.org>
> Subject:  [ASTRO]  Re: Fave Bands
>
> .. begin astro-transmission

> << What the heck is a Sellout?  I don't mean as in a sold-out show, but
> rather
>  as in a sold-out band.  People keep ranting about how some band or artist
>  or other has sold-out, and I don't really get what they mean.

<snip!>
> I just saw Weezer and No Doubt last
>  night at a totally packed stadium.  Weezer was a little sloppy, but No
>  Doubt was great.  These are both former club bands.  Do they now suck
>  because they're successful?  I don't think so.
<snip!>
>  Mookie
>   >>

> First of all a band sells-out when it chooses money more then the love to
> play!
> Such as less than jake that was on Dill but moved to capital for more CAsh!

So let me get this straight: no band signed to a major label loves to play?
Financial success and love of one's art are mutually exclusive?
Aren't you being a little arbitrarily judgemental and more than
a little illogical?

> Anyways id like to say that i have a problem wiht No Doubt because they claim
> to be ska ,   that is not ska at all!    Thats the problem  with them !
>   They claim to be somthing that they are not.       EL fin

I'm not sure what "ska" is, but No Doubt sounds to me like a good Pop band
with influences from several genres, including Reggae.  So what is "ska"?
I heard some dang thing on the radio that my kid said was "ska" and I just
wanted to bust the damned thing to make them shut up.  It sounds like
White-Trash Reggae to me.  What a bad idea for a musical style.

Hmmm...  good thing MOAM doesn't make any questionable claims.

> Cornelius

<snip!>

All in good fun,

Mookie
The official Grumpy Old Man on this list.

P.S.  Is it bad hick-english to use "dang" and "damned" in the same sentence?