[ASTRO] Re: krautrock revival

.. begin astro-transmission

On Nov 25,  7:26pm, Annalisa Oswald wrote:
> Subject: [ASTRO]  Re: krautrock revival
> .. begin astro-transmission
>
> At 06:55 PM 11/25/97 -0500, Jack Lightfoot wrote:
>
> >     Arjan: Yes there is a "Krautrock" revival going on in the USA.
>
> Heck yeah there is. I was just at Other Music last weekend in NYC and their
> Krautrock *SECTION* (I kid you not) is pretty big. If you've never been to
> OM, it's amazing, but expensive...
>
> I remember being turned on to it years ago, and it's really funny to see it
> coming back in such a big way.
>
> ~annalisa

Please forgive my ignorance.  I don't know what krautrock is.
Is there any way to convey the concept to me textually?
Can someone suggest a band name for which I might be able to
find a 7"?  Now that I have a record player, I prefer to try
out new things in that format, because it is so much cheaper.