[ASTRO] Re: dr deleto and captain zeno

.. begin astro-transmission

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Jono Dodds wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission

> >Dr. Deleto was the second, fourth member of MOA?
> >He replaced the original member due to an inability to play out-of-town shows.
> >Dr. Deleto position was eventualy filled by Captin Zeno.
> >Captain Zeno's position was replaced by Dexter X.
> >
> >Dr. Deleto is not in Man or Astro-man? currently.
> >Dr. Deleto is not in Servotron.
> >Captain Zeno's earth counterpart is currently in the Quadra-Jets.
> >
> >(Are you FAQ folks getting this?!)
> >.coco
> >

> ok, i get it now. so there were two dr deleto's who were the fourth band member.
> and did the deleto's and zeno play the rhythm guitar?
>
> at the bottom of the what remains inside the blackhole case, stating ranks
> or whatever, seperate under the current members, it says the intergalactic
> deck moppers were dr deleto and captain zeno. what does this mean? before
> you cleared it up, though, i thought they were both in the band before both
> jumped ship, entrancing the dexter.

Lemme take a crack at this, even though I've had bad info before.

The impression I get is that "What Remains..." is a restrospective
collection of tracks from singles not previously available on LP
or CD.  The tracks cover alot of the history of MOAM, including the
individual, non-overlapping, membership periods for Deleto and Zeno.

Dexter's current touring role appears to be mostly rhythm guitar, but
also Bass when Coco is doing non-Bass things.  I also wonder if this
was the tasking of the previous fourth members.  I get the impression
that Coco is playing more Bass in the current configuration than
he did in some of the earlier configurations, thus earlier fourth
members may have been more Bass than rythm, but I could be wrong.

Coco, please set us all straight... again.