[ASTRO] Dexter X / Servotron news

Here's a short item from John Britt's "The Heckler" column in today's
_Flagpole_ (Athens, GA).  It's not up on their website yet
<http:\\www.flagpole.com>, but it should be soon.

"THERE'S A STARMAN LIVING DOWN MY STREET:  Trekkies
and Dick Dale fans alike hang their heads as local geek-rocker Hayden
Thais hangs up his road uniforms and takes a break from the road.  as
reported in the August 5 _Heckler_, Thais had left his position as
guitarist Dexter X in the surf-rock space cadets Man or Astroman? and
has now also decided to keep the activity of Devo-esque pop robot
assassins Servotron down to a bare minimum.  Thais told _Flagpole_
that although he'd met a host of great people and appreciated the
opportunity to travel both Europe and Stateside, the days of "trying
to convince a club to let the band sleep on the stage" had to come to
an end.  "I'm in more debt than I was before I got involved with
these bands," explained the guitarist.  Servotron is still planning
to release a split CD on Lance Rock Records -- which will also
feature The UJ3R5's first album from 1979 -- but beyond that the band
has no real status."

--Moon Dawg