[ASTRO] Re: signing off

Mookie speculates:

> My guess is that the "seriousness" movement has been in large part
> a Starcrunch thing, and that this is one of the bones of contention.

I would share that guess.  It's just a guess, because I haven't heard
any member of the band describe their philosophical differences that
way, but it's consistent with hints in things I have heard them say.
And with the fact that Servotron, in which Star Crunch is not
involved, is a nutty concept band.

> My other guess is that Starcrunch was less than overwhelmingly
> enthusiastic about this whole Clone thing.

I don't think that's correct.  He told me he was the MoA? member most
sick of touring.

> As far as I know Starcrunch
> is the only MOA? member not involved in multiple touring bands (please
> correct me if I'm wrong).  So it is understandable that the other
> members would want to concoct this Clone thing to give themselves
> a break.

The way I understand it, the other three are involved in other bands
because they LIKE touring.  Star Crunch isn't because he doesn't.

> For my money, you need all three core members to make a true MOA?.
> [...] Anything else is a counterfeit, like the Clones.

Anyone else on lead guitar will sound different, that's for sure.
And the songwriting will change.  I'm optimistic that MoA? will
still be great, in a different way.  And that Crunch (if he chooses
to keep using that name) will do something new that's cool.

--Moon Dawg