O.R.I.sound_ News Bulletin Vol. 1, #8.

O.R.I.sound_ News Bulletin
<A periodic bulletin from the O.R.I. Outreach Division.>

Vol. 1, No. 8  September 9, 1998

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
O.R.I. Tour Plans

-Operation Re-Information To Support Man Or Astroman's Clone Tour
Alpha Phase 2.

O.R.I. will join the west coast portion of Man Or Astroman's Clone Tour
Alpha which will take place in mid-September.  Shows from Las Vegas, NV
to Bellingham, WA have been confirmed.  The O.R.I. sound team will also be
performing at alternate venues in some of the same west coast cities, dates
and lineups to be announced.

Confirmed Engagements:

9.15.98 - - - Las Vegas, NV. . . . Fat Daddy's
9.16.98 - - - San Diego, CA . . . .The Casbah
9.17.98 - - - Los Angeles, CA. . . . TBA
9.18.98 - - - San Francisco . . . . Bottom of the Hill
9.19.98 - - - Eugene, OR . . . .  WOW Hall
9.20.98 - - - Portland, OR . . . .  Satyricon
9.21.98 - - - Seattle, WA . . . . Breakroom
9.22.98 - - - Bellingham, WA . . . . Double Wide

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
New  O.R.I. Releases:

-M-Pire  records has produced a limited run, 6 song O.R.I.EP titled,
"Variable Dump," in honor of the upcoming O.R.I. West Coast tour.  Three
of the tracks were recorded live at The ProjektHaus in Pittsburgh, PA.
This material can be heard on several radio  stations in the projected tour
area  and will be available for purchase at scheduled O.R.I. performances.

-Operation Re-Information has entered in to a production and distribution
venture with longtime producers of fine audio documents, Vinyl
Communications,  based in San Diego, CA.  Vinyl Communications has a
distribution arrangement  with Mordam  which will make REINFORMATION
available to a much larger customer base.  Several releases are planned
with Vinyl Communications including an 8 song EP to be released in
November.  This product debut will precede the second O.R.I. full length
album titled, "Universal Standard 84000," which will be released in early
January, 1999.  Long term plans to support this release include a
cross-country tour scheduled for February of next year.

-New O.R.I. songs appear on two freshly released compilations:
Chunklet magazine issue #14 comes with a complementary CD that
contains "Repeat", while Noisy Revolution's limited run '1999.75 Original
Motion Picture Soundtrack' features "Destroy".  Both songs were recorded
at ORILab during the 2nd quarter of this fiscal year.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
ORISoft Update:

       --BackToBasics software will soon be available in a selection of
designer color schemes under the 7.499 version number.  New Styles
include:

"BackToBasics for Girls"
	 in pastel pink,
"BackToBasics Time to Get Ill"
	in yellow and green, (in production).
"BackToBasics for Cowboys"
	wood grain with rope, (in production).
"BackToBasics for Safety Conscious Cowboys"
	OSHA orange-wood grain with yellow rope, (in production).
And of course the original, "BackToBasics for Business"
	in Dark Blue Black.

The 7.499 upgrade features enhanced content color schemes and even more
control features:
	-Light up "sound on / sound release" indicators have been included for
each key in the display showing exactly which key has been triggered and
indicating when the triggered sound has stopped playing.
	-Option key commands allow for selected key switching without using the
mouse.
All of these features will be available in version 7.499 scheduled for
release in late September.  Bookmark the ORISoft pages at
www.reinformation.com to remain reinformed:
http://www.reinformation.com/orisoft/orisoft.html

       --TalkBackToBasics Version 1.111 beta  is now available for testing.
Interested participants in O.R.I.'s dynamic software development program
can download TalkBackToBasics from the following URL:
http://www.reinformation.com/orisoft/tbtb/talkbacktobasics.sit.hqx

        --BackToBasics users are encouraged to bring examples of their
work to the performances mentioned above as well as comments about the
software.  Version 7.009/7.499 upgrades will be available at the show
(free for registered  users).