da scoop.

no you haven't been to harsh.  Just extremly concerend about your
entertainment dollar, which must be spent wisely these days.

Here's what I wrote last night and then decided not to send until I felt I
could trust ya:

>>>okay, this is some 'off the record' talking here, I promised Coco I
wouldn't interfere with the astro-list, but I would like to set the record
straight.

there will be no astromen onstage at any of the shows on this tour.  to
relieve ourselves of any trouble, we were supposed to only use the title 'Man
or Astroman Clone Unit Alpha' and we made sure that all contracts went out to
clubs as such.  if the clubs screw it up -it's their fault, not ours.  they
are promising something that we never gave them permission to say they could
offer.  they deal with ticketmaster, not us, and that's why ticketmaster is
screwing that up.

we also have made sure that no Astromen promo photos got mailed out, and clubs
and press could request a photo of the clones.  apparently some clubs are
using an old astrophoto from their files... ugh.

and now apparently someone from our camp might maybe possibly have accidentily
used 'Man or Astroman Clone Tour Alpha' instead of 'Man or Astroman Clone Unit
Alpha'  on some of our stuff and we're doing everything we can to squash those
boo-boos before they can do harm.

Now please do me the Huuuuge favor of not quoting this email to anyone or
forwarding it or whatever- this stuff is strictly off the record and i'll get
a bite in my ass if this info gets used in the wrong way.  I'll make it worth
yer while at the merch table in portland if you come up and say Hi.

Thanks- The Brannock Device.

PleasePleasePlease do not quote me on these matters. do not allude to them in
any way, shape, or form.  If you care to email me some more and talk just
between you and me, that's fine- I want to do everything I can to keep any
hardcore fans from getting pissed off and get them to enjoy the fun that the
rest of us are having.

btw.  I read yer memories of the show in portland that was yer first.  and
goddamn yeah it was hot.  I was the fat sweaty guy at the merch table.  the
two bands that opened were The Galaxy Trio (who are usually great, but that
night they were drunk and disorderly because it was the last night of their
tour) and the CHeater slicks (whom I can't stand anyway, but when they turned
on my TV power to plug their amps into I got livid.)  That was also one of the
last tours with The Lounge Lizard manning the 16mm projectors and I remember
him F*ckin up his teeth somehow that night...

i remember good pinball and Henry Weinhards as the hospitality beer (usually
the always gross budweiser)  good pasta and nice staff too.  La Luna has been
good to us though, and I've been there with other bands too.

anyway.  I got a few days before I fly out to CA and meet the tour- If you
have any questions or stuff you want cleared up, email me- but don't let the
astro list know I emailed you cuz Coco monitors the thing and he'll let em
have it for interfereing....

<<<

Work up some dialog on this and get back to me.

The Brannock Device.  Hope to see ya in Portland.