[ASTRO] Re: ORI show review!

> i almost diddnt stick around for the causy way, cause it was late
and i
> hada drive back to orlando, but i did anyway, and im glad i did..they
> were pretty damn good too..they even had a funny little therimin that
> they played with..has anyone here seen them?  and am i alone in
thinking
> that the keyboardist looks like a cross between jim on murphy brown
and
> les from WKRP?

I saw the Causey Way when they opened for Servotron in Atlanta on New
Year's Eve. I think I was one of the very few people in the audience
who really enjoyed them. The tape they were selling, however, was
awful. Now I've heard of lo-fi, but this is no-fi. Worst sound quality
I've heard since the time 10 years ago when I tried to sit in front of
the television with a tape recorder, using a really old tape. It's
like hearing a neighbor's stereo through the wall.

I bought the WREK compilation CD among other things this weekend. Does
anyone else have it. I am sooo disappointed. I bought it because MOAM?
has a song on there ("24 Hours"), but most of the rest of it is just
not my cup of tea. The only other really good thing on there is a song
by the Minutemen. A much better selection was the Cocktail compilation
by Estrus, although MOAM?'s song was the closest thing to cocktail
music on there. The other songs were mostly beach party music. I saw
visions of Frankie and Annette, not Holly Golightly and Henry Mancini.

Veronica