[ASTRO] Re: Astro-favorites.

.. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]

On Sun, 9 May 1999, Gordon Rundle wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]
>
> i finally went to town and picked up Eevic...and would have to say that "
> ____ / myopia"  is my favorite track off the new album along with "engines
> of difference".... since the astro men arent visiting chicago i wont be able
> to catch them this time around....has any one seen them play "_____ /
> myopia" live i could really see that song easily become like 15 minutes
> live...
>
> --gordon

Insert shuddering in horror sounds here.  My hope is that Myopia was
recorded at least partially in jest, frankly.  I have found the
specific decisions made in track sequencing on EEVIAC to be more
strategically astute than usual, and I think it was astute indeed to
place last the tracks that do not hold up well to repeated listening,
myopia and the automated liner notes.

I was greatly releived that they did _not_ play Myopia when I saw them,
as I was fearing exactly what you are hoping, that it would become
this big-ass 15 minute jam session to nowhere.

So that I don't just sound like a big stinker, I love most of the tracks
on EEVIAC, and you can count me in the minority who genuinely likes
D:contamination.  My favorite track is As estrelas agora etas
estao mortas.  What a killer hook!

I'll have a full track-by-track review up on my website as soon as I'm
done perparing video snaps and 3D anaglyphs from the Seattle show.