[ASTRO] Re: dark star

.. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]

I, too, love the movie Dark Star.  I haven't seen it in, literally,
twenty years at least.

I have two favorite scenes:

1) The guy surfing off through space with The Pheonix Asteroids,
	complete with surf music!  This scene for me resonates
	strongly with the whole MOA? vibe.

2) The guy "hanging" from the bottom of the elevator.  I just love
	the simplicity of how they staged this.  I'm pretty darned
	sure this was filmed in a hallway with a small electric
	forklift as the "elevator".  I think they pushed the forks
	together in the middle and the guy just laid down on them,
	maybe even stuffing them up inside his collar to hide
	them inside his clothes.  I'm working from 20-year-old
	memories here, but this is how I remember that it looked
	to me at the time.

Of course, you gotta love that killer beach ball.
Where the hell can I get a copy of this movie?

Mookie