[ASTRO] Re: Stanley Kubrick RIP

.. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]

And what great works have _you_ created lately?  Hopefully, whomever
writes _your_ eulogy will be kinder to you than you have been
to Kubrick here.  How much of _your_ life has been spent sitting
on _your_ ass?

Count me as a willing participant in the conspiracy to "over-rate"
2001.  That is my favorite film of all time.

I am aware of your complaints about Kubrick's bizarre and wasteful
work habits, but so what?  If he was such a bad investment as a
filmmaker, how did he manage to get backing for each subsequent
project?

It is not neccessary to require that the creators of great works
_always_ create nothing but great works.  They are humans, too,
(except for MOA? and Servotron) and humans can be imperfect and
inconsistent.  Yet not very many humans can create a "2001" (and
_no_ human could create "Project Infinity" or "Entertainment
Program For Humans").

Mookie