[ASTRO] Re: James F's Top Films of all Time

.. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]

Wow, reading everyone's lists has been an educational adventure.
Lots of greats I forgot (like Akira), and lots of things I'm going
to have to try to find on tape and watch.

For what it's worth, I'd just like to point out that our U.K.
listee here apparently has no significant appreciation for anything
produced outside of the United Kingdom and it's territories.
(Hong Kong was presumably still British territory when the belowmentioned
Hong Kong films were made.)

Doesn't the U.K. audience get to see any films produced elsewhere?
I thought it was just France that was artisticly protectionist.

British xenophobia aside, I trust the impeccable taste of _any_ astro-listee
and will seek out the works of Powell and Pressburger.  Besides, I
don't want to be too harsh on Sir James since he seems to be the only
listee into really old movies as much as I am.

Please put your flamethrowers back on safety.  This is just yet another
of my misguided attempts at "good natured ribbing".

Mookie