[ASTRO] Re: movie poll stuff

.. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]

Well, heck.  As long as other folks are posting their top 10
to the list, and the list is mostly slow otherwise, here are
my picks, as previously mailed privately to Max:

1) 2001: A Space Oddyssey (did I spell that right?)
2) The Hudsucker Proxy
3) Back To The Future
4) Time Bandits
5) Star Wars
6) Labyrinth
7) Once Upon A Honeymoon (1942, Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers)
8) The Bishop's Wife (1947, Cary Grant, Loretta Young, David Niven)
9) Terminator 2: Judgement Day
10) Arsenic And Old Lace (1944, Cary Grant, Peter Lorre)

Geez.  That was really really tough.  I love so many movies, and
I am so absent-minded.  I'm sure I forgot some really great ones
in there.  I'll be kicking myself later I'm sure.

Here's a short, in no particular order, list of honorable mentions:

The Abyss
Toy Story
Dr. Strangelove
Catch 22
The Andromeda Strain
Charade (1963, Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn)
Lady Luck (1946, Barbara Hale, Robert Young, Frank Morgan, James Gleason)
Braveheart

To further prove that I am a freak of the astro-list universe,
I also love the following multi-movie series':

Blondie (with Penny Singleton in the title role)
Road To... (Bob Hope, Bing Crosby and Dorothy Lamour)
Francis The Talking Mule

I was surprised when Grant said he would have trouble coming up
with 10 movies he really likes.  I have trouble, obviously, keeping
it down to 10 movies.

Here's another list:  The #1 most over-hyped and over-rated movie
that everybody says is a favorite, even if they haven't seen it,
although it is pretty good: Citizen Kane.

Thanks,