[ASTRO] Re: Space Bunnies Must Die!

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Jalboot, Michael wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission [X-HJIKE27.W5]
>
> I bought this game and for some reason I cannot play it on my computer.
> What happens is I load it to my system and eveything seems fine and then I
> go into my startup menu and click on the space bunnies icon to begin the
> game and then the screen goes black like it is going to load the game, but
> nothing ever starts.  My screen just remains black...no into
> movie...nothing.  What could be wrong?  Any ideas?  I am dying to play the
> game. Please help if possible.

I've got the exact same problem on my wife's computer.
It works just fine on my laptop, but on her desktop machine
it behaves exactly as you describe.  You're left just staring
at this oversized pointer you can't even move, right?

I'll attack this in earnest on my wife's computer over the
weekend and will let you know if I come up with a solution.

Sorry if this discussion isn't of great interest to other
listees, and is only very marginally Astro-related.
But maybe there's more of you out there considering getting
this vagely astro-related game and you might want to know
what sorts of problems you may have and how to get around
them (I hope).  I'll cheerfully take this off line from the
list if Grant decrees it so.