[ASTRO] Re: Space Bunnies Must Die!

If anybody wants it, I've got an AVI of a Space Bunnies Must Die! promo
video from 1996 that features music by Man or ASTRO-man?, and even
says "Music by Man or ASTRO-man?" in a really cool kind of logo thingy
at the end.  The music is an excerpt from Name of Numbers, with some
cool Theremin/Moog-like sounds overdubbed.  I'll try to put it up
on a re-vamped version of my website by the end of the month.
More on that later.

However, the finished game does NOT feature any music by MOA?.
I've bought the game and am in the process of playing through it.
I also bought the soundtrack.  The soundtrack CD has only the songs
that Allison (our main character) dances to in each level, but none
of the original music that was done for the game.

This very clever and funny game uses music as part of the game more
than any other I've seen.  In each level, one of your objectives is
to find a CD left there by your sister (a country singer abducted
by the Bunnies), and then you have to find the Wurlitzer jukebox and
play it.  The songs are original for the game and the lyrics have
clues about gameplay.  Playing the CD is also the way you calm down
and take control of each of the unique mutant bunny beasts found
on each level.  The incidental music is really cool, and while most
games have different music for each level, this one has different
music for individual ROOMS!  So you can see why I'm disappointed
that the soundtrack only has the dancing songs.

Dancing?  Oh yeah, one of your defences against the Space Bunnies
is to dance.  For some reason, Allison's dancing has a hypnotic effect
on the Bunnies, so they stop attacking and dance along with you.
Good news: they keep dancing for a few seconds after you stop, so
you can blast-em.  Bad News: they don't stop attacking and start
dancing until a few seconds _after_ you start dancing.  Your best
bet is to sneak up close and start dancing _before_ they see you.
For some reason the hypnotic effect of the dancing has more range
than the Bunnies ability to sense you for attack purpouses.  This
may be a bug that I hope they _don't_ fix.

Do I sound like some kind of marketing guy for the game?  Sorry.
I absolutely love this game, but... to be fair, it is as buggy as
Heck.  It has this "feature" by which it regulates my obsessive game
playing by crashing every 20 minutes or so.  Still, it's worth putting
up with that to see these monstrous bunnies dancing like fools just
before you blow their heads up with microwaves.

I've emailed the guys at JINX a couple of times asking about what happened
to the MOA? music, but they haven't replied.  Too busy debugging the
game, probably.

Mookie