[ASTRO] Re: Smokeless in Seattle

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Jeremy Kuris wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission [X-HJIKE27.W4]

<snip!>

> My most disorienting fast-food experience was when I visited a
> McDonald's in England and discovered that you had to pay for ketchup!
> This was like over ten years ago, so maybe it's no longer true.  At the
> time, all I could do was sputter, "but I'm American!".  They still made
> me pay for it.  I was very young, and it almost soured me on the entire
> country (The Imperial British War Museum, more than made up for it!).

<snip!>
> -- Jerm

I'll start liking the British just as soon as I meet one that isn't
a self-important stuck-up snooty backstabbing bastard.  Ok, so I only
have met three Brits and they are all co-workers.  That's why I am
making a concious effort to suspend judgement on the whole country.
Wait a minute, I've also met Douglas Adams... never mind.  He was
self-importand and stuck-up, too, but I forgive him because he's a
freaking GENIUS.

The thing that gets me about the bloody British is how they are so
sure that they are so clever and subtle.  They're constantly insulting
everyone around them in ways that we are expected to either not notice
or find charming.  Thank God for Quake deathmatches or I'd be on
Death Row by now.
Mookie "Spirit of 1776" Keebler

P.S.  Apoligies to Astro-Brits.  I'm sure you're all really cool.
I'm just mad at this one Brit guy at work right now and I like making
a public ass of myself.