[ASTRO] Re: Smokeless in Seattle

> << One more thing about Washington:  people were smoking in Denny's!!!!!!
>  WTF?!!!!!  Men and women were actually smoking tobacco inside of a
>  restaurant!!!  And they weren't getting in trouble for it!  (Note:  for
>  those who don't know, smoking inside of restaurants has been illegal in
>  California for I-dont-know-how long, hence the "holy shit" reaction.)
>  Yuck!   Do most other states still allow smoking in restaurants? >>

I wonder if this is the same Denny's I had trouble with the last time
I was on my way back from a show in Seattle.  I don't remember which
jerkwater exit I was at, but this freaking Denny's REFUSED TO SEAT ME
IN THE NON-SMOKING SECTION!   They said that the non-smoking section
was "closed for the night".  Can you believe it?  I didn't stay
and it's just as well.  I had been to this Denny's before and got creeped
out by all of the hayseed locals staring at me like I just stepped out
of a flying saucer.  Ever have one of those experiences on a road trip?
Every once in a while I find myself in the middle of one of those
Twilight Zone towns.

Before every small town ASTRO-fan jumps all over me over this, I hasten
to point out that I grew up in a rural farming community where the
nearest "big town" sported the massive population of 16K people, and the
town where I went to high school at had a total pop of about 5K.  So
I actually come from one of those "Twilight Zone Towns" so I know intimately
of what I speak.  That's why I got the hell out of there.

Mookie "Joe-Bob" Keebler