[ASTRO] Re: Shows/Commercials

<snip!>
> Greetings:
>      Agent V: the show to which you are referring was known as "Get A
> Life".  It starred Chris Elliott (son of Bob Elliott, of the famous Bob and
> Ray comedy duo). Chris played a 30-something paper boy who lived in the
> garage of his next-door neighbor, after he "left the house".
>      You might remember Chris Elliott as "the guy under the seats" on David
> Letterman, or from his "Doritos" commercials.

Just as a point of Chris Elliott trivia, those are commercials for "Tostitos".

And please don't forget his feature film "Cabin Boy", a film you love to hate
or hate to love.  Or you could hate to hate it, but you could never love
to love it.  "Cabin Boy" featured an early appearance by Conan O'brien's
sidekick Andy, who had a marvelously nauseating belly dance scene.

>      "Get A Life" was the most absurd, surreal and silly show on network tv
> that I can remember. I loved it! It did have R.E.M.'s, "Stand" as its theme
> song.

Absolutely agree with this assesment.  The show mixes up the same
cocktail of revulsion, hilarity and horrified fascination that characterizes
all of Chris Elliot's work.  Did I mention revulsion?  Don't forget the
revulsion.  It isn't the same without the revulsion.

<snip!>
>      Of course, Chris Elliott is an aquired taste. Sort of like Andy
> Kaufman was. You either love them, or hate them.

Or love to hate them, or hate to love them, or hate to hate them, but never,
never, could you possibly love to love either of them.

Astro-content?  Ummm.... dammit, I can't make any connection between
Chris Elliot and MOA?  Forget Kevin Bacon, let's play six or seven degrees
of separation between Chris Elliot and MOA?  Anybody got a solution for
that one?