[ASTRO] Re: e: ASTRO-Men habits

I have seen Astro-men and Servo-persons at soundchecks and hanging around
venues both before and after shows on several occasions and have never
seen any of them smoking.

Does it matter and is it any of our business?  Well... yes and no.
The private behavior of band members is none of our business.
It is, however, reasonable for us to modify our opinion of band members
for their public behavior when in the presence of their fans.  This is
especially true in the case of bands that are popular with impressionable
young people.

One of the reasons I like these bands is that they are generally very
nice to their young fans and the only vice I have witnessed them
practicing in front of their fans is swearing.  And, frankly, I don't
give a damn about swearing; it's only words.

Would I like them less if they were smoking and drinking when hanging
around with under-age fans before and after shows?  Yes.  Does that mean
they "owe" me or anyone else conformance to any particular standard
of behavior? _NO_.

My perspective on this may be slightly unique among listees as I am
a parent of two teenage children who are also fans of MOA? and SRA,
and the elder of these two has gone to shows with me.  I also have
to work extra hard to be fair on this subject because I have an
admittedly irrational aversion to smoking.  It is a testament to my
love of these bands that I am willing to endure the smoke-filled
clubs to see and hear them play.

Mookie