[ASTRO] Re: Satyricon

On Wed, 29 Apr 1998, tim franklin wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission [X-HJIKE27.W3]
>
> Anybody out there ever been to a club called Satyricon in Portland,
> Oregon? If so, where is located and does anyone have a phone number for
> it? I may try to hit the Satyricon and the Crocodile Cafe next weekend.
> Has anyone heard of the Lazy Cowgirls or the Castroos? What do they
> sound like? Any info will be appreciated.

I've seen both MOA? and Servotron there.  In fact, I need to get out
there and see if they still have the jacket I left behind after the
Servotron show.

Satyricon is a squalid little dive, but probably no worse than many
squalid little dives where aliens and robots play.  It is very small,
has a bar and is connected to a restaurant that isn't bad.  No all-ages
shows there, if that's an issue to you.

There are some wooden bleacher-like things to either side of the floor,
which are good places to perch if you don't want to get moshed senseless,
plus you get a good view of the stage.

In the summer it gets very hot and suffocating in the club, which has
very poor ventilation.  A full house of 200-300 people can make it
pretty impossible to move, much less escape.

It is well worth enduring the place and the crowds and the opening acts
to see MOA? or Servotron, however.