[ASTRO] My MOA? workstation

.. begin astro-transmission [XQA00309.3]

I have a new Sun Sparc Ultra2 workstation, but that isn't the cool part.
Here's the cool part:  I had the SysAdmin set up my system to be known
by two different names.  Those names are "Man" and "Astroman".

You standalone PC and Mac users may not be familiar with the concept,
but Unix workstations have names, which are particularly important
when they are networked.

So my workstation is "man" or "astroman", get it?

I'm dying for the opportunity to have a dialog with someone in the
office about my workstation which results in them asking the question:

	"Is it 'man' or 'astroman'?"

..but so far this hasn't happened.

Feel free to envy and/or fear me, I know _I_ do.

Mookie

P.S.  My portable, the machine I actually use most of the time, also
has two names: "servo" and "biteme", one for direct network connection
at the office, and the other for my ppp connection.