[ASTRO] Re: Quark

.. begin astro-transmission [XQA00309.3]

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Captain Kirk wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission [XQA00309.3]
>
> All this talk of '60's/'70's sci-fi shows and not one mention of Quark!!!
> Does anyone else remember this show?
>
> Captain Kirk

Hell yeah, I remember!  It starred the bad actor you have to love:
Richard Benjamin!  I wish to heck someone would re-run the half season
or so of that show that got produced, just so I could tape it.
It also had "The Head", who was the boss guy and was played by the
guy who played Mindy's dad on Mork'n'Mindy.  "The Head" was this
disembodied head, kind of like "Rod" on the current Teen Angel show
(ok, but nowhere near as good as Sabrina, and what the heck happened
to that new Genie show, I liked it!).

Quark made an indelible impression on my psyche.  To this day, I'm
always trying to have this Quark dialog with people:

	me: mank you
	someone else: "mank you"?!
	me: you're melcome!

Pretty annoying and childish, huh?
It was from an episode where the robot was having a mental problem, or
maybe he was always having a mental problem, I don't remember.