[ASTRO] Re: CD vs. Vynil..........................................

.. begin astro-transmission

DISCLAIMER: Don't take this too seriously, I just like picking on little
electronic kids.  I'm mean, but mostly harmless.

On Fri, 5 Sep 1997, Elliot Strange wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission
>
> Dear listees,
>
> You know, I think the question of CD Vs. vynil is a very important
> question.

Ok, you just go on thinking that while I rapidly lose interest.

> The true musician will uasally choose vynil. It's classic. The
> audio freak will choose CD. Sound quality.

A good example of the absurdity of arbitrary generalizations.

<SNIP! -removed a bunch of yadda yadda yadda>

> ...kind of appuratus the next generation will use. They probobly, exept for
> a select few, won't know what a phonagraph is.

Heck, maybe someday people won't even know how to _spell_ phonograph.

> The term 'licorice pizza'
> will be lost in all but trivia archives.

Too late.  There used to be a cool used/bootleg shop in Orange County CA
called 'licorice pizza'.  There's your trivia, now archive it.

<SNIP! -removed some deep and insightful observations>

> Anyway, this has gotten long enough, so I bid you adeu.
>
>                                               FERVENTER VESTITE
>                                               Elliot R. Strange
>                                               Mystic Agent 4883

Look what wealth of wisdom is exchanged through the advent of free mail.

But seriously folks, In My Not So Humble Opinion, what matters most is
the content, not the media so much.  Good music is usually good even
when the sound quality is crappy.  I have some ASTRO-fantapes that
are pretty crappy quality, technically, but are still quite listenable
because the music is so good.  Given the choice, I'll take better
quality, but I'll go wherever the music goes.  I bought a record
player just so I could listen to exclusive ASTRO-vinyl tracks.

Enough already.  Why oh why did I help re-open this particular
can of worms?

Don't listen to me... listen to Man or Astro-man?!