[ASTRO] Re: Austin Powers

.. begin astro-transmission

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997 Jeffects@aol.com wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission
>
> I cannot believe that anybody could not like "AUSTIN POWERS." I laughed my
> ass off.

I think this is one of those "there's two kinds of people" issues.
You probably also laughed your ass off at "Dumb and Dumber" and
"Happy Gilmore".  You probably look forward to David Farley and
Chris Spade movies.

The tragedy of "Austin Powers" is that it was a valid comic concept,
and the art direction and costuming was superb.  For some reason
Mike Meyers though that all it needed for a script was a bunch of
grade-school gigglers about poop and weiners and pee pee.  Every
lame juvenile gag was stretched way beyond the attention span of
the target audience and the patience of everyone else, in an
obvious attempt to pad the film.

After this movie forced me to spend 10 minutes in a bathroom with
Tom Arnold with no hope of reprive, I walked out.  For all I know
that movie ended in that damned bathroom, it did for me.