[ASTRO] Re: MOAM? and Vonnegut

.. begin astro-transmission

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997 TBudinger@aol.com wrote:

<snip!>
> could be wrong, and I am a long time watcher of MST and  am in the fanclub
> (card carrying memeber) and have shows from every seaon but 2 on tape, infact
> ihave near all of 3-4-5-6 on tape.  The show sucks now,no Joel, no Frank, no
> Forrester, It just blows.
>
> wow, didn't know I cared
>
> Take on me Space Cadets
>    timmy

Joel, Frank and Trace were essential to the creation and development
of the show.  While they were on the show, their contributions were
huge and they are sadly missed.  The show does _not_, however, "suck"
or "blow".  The show has continued to evolve without the participation
of those who have left.  There are some upsides to this, for example,
with the departure of Joel the show was able to break out of the
prop gag/sketch mode and do some real storytelling in the host
segments, especially in season 8 where there are actually plot lines
that extend for several episodes.  With the departures of Frank and
Trace, Mary Jo has been able to get more into the performance side
of the show, and Kevin (my favorite cast member) has been able to
stretch himself to cover another regular character.

I'm enjoying the new shows very much.  I'm also enjoying all of my
tapes of seasons past.  By the way, does anybody out there have
a tape of "Monster-A-Go-Go" (on MST3K)?  My collection is missing
that one, and it has a couple of my favorite bits: the Johnny Longtorso
invention and Tom's "I'm the wind, baby" sketch.  Plus it has to
be one of the bottom 5 worst movies ever made.

I care, too.

Mookie

The Astro-Science Reverb 3000 Web Site
Celebrating Man or ASTRO-man? and Mystery Science Theater 3000
http://www.ipinc.net/~kepler/asr3k.html
(badly in need of updating, but I have my conventio-con stuff
just about ready)