[ASTRO] Re: skankin' skinhead robots unite!

.. begin astro-transmission

<snip!>

> >A christian band doesnt have to talk about God and Jesus. It can just talk
> >about Christian Values.   Any material in music  preaching christian values
> >or Ideas is Christian music.      One thing im trying to figure out is the
> >band "Face to Face". I know they are not Christian , but i think they could
> >pass for one.    They talk alot about making the right choices and not
> >ruining your life , and your responsibilities. They are on Fat Wreck-Chords .
>
> I remember way back Kid and Play did a moral song or something about making
> right choices and not ruining your life. Since you say that's just a
> Christian Value, does that make them a Christian rap group? or duo. or whatever.

<snip!>

Yikes!  This is free speech land, but do we really wanna get into religion?
If we do, let us do so very carefully.  People get pretty strong convictions
about this stuff and get steamed pretty easily.

That said, lemme weigh in on this.  I automatically distrust anything
marketed as "Christian".  Every time I see a "Christian" bookstore I am
reminded of a riteously pissed-off Jesus knocking over merchants tables
in a synagoge (sp?).

I think it is great when artists write songs with meaningful, positive
messages about good common-sense values.  I don't think this needs to
be slapped with the "Christian" label.  As a matter of fact, I think the
message gets through to more people and with more credibility if it is
_not_ labeled as "Christian".

Religion is a personal matter and should not be used as a marketing ploy.