[ASTRO] Re: Man made of CO2

.. begin astro-transmission

On Sat, 8 Jun 1996, Mike Simpson wrote (in part):

> Also:  It looks like the 1000X CD has data on both sides, only obstructed
> on one side by the silk-screened logo.  Can anyone verify whether that's
> actual data, or whether it's just faked?
>
> Mike Simpson (dekay@onramp.net)

I'm pretty sure you're just seeing the same aluminum substrate from the
other side.  Lots of CDs with minimal printing on the top side look
like this.  A blank with no printing is kinda hard to get right-side-up.
Of course DVD has data on both sides, but I'm pretty sure TnG/MoAM?
didn't invest in pressing up DVD format discs only to make one side
unreadable with printing.  I'm not at all sure it is possible to make
CD-Audio readable discs within the spec for DVD.  The inverse is doable,
of course (ie: reading CD-Audio on DVD equipment).  TnG added to the
amusement by putting the discs in the case "upside down", or at least
that is how mine was when I first opened it.

In any case, the 100X package is really neato-keen!