[ASTRO] Re: SErvoTron

.. begin astro-transmission

<snip!>

> has anyone heard of a group called Servotron ?
>

> coRnel

<snip!>

For those who have not heard them, the Servotron sound is a unique
mix of the following influences, maybe more:

	1) DEVO
	2) MOAM
	3) B-52s
	4) Residents

Some would argue about the B-52s influence, but I certainly hear it.
Some very Schneideresque vocals at moments. (BTW, anybody heard
"Just Frank"? It rocks!  Includes two songs with them Shadowy Men.)
B-52s are under-appreciated as far as I'm concerned.

MOAM influence is inevitable since two members are the former Dr. Deleto
and the rumored wife of Birdstuff, plus they use the same recording
studio and producer, and they're also from outer-space.

The Residents influence is most obvious on the Servotron 3000 7",
I think the track is called "Goodnight Hal" or something like that,
I'm afraid I'm at work and the vynil is at home.