[ASTRO] Re: MST3k

.. begin astro-transmission

On Mon, 26 May 1997, Andreas Lux wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission
>

> On Mon, 26 May 1997 Maggadog@aol.com wrote:
>
> > .. begin astro-transmission
> >
> > In a message dated 97-05-26 13:04:41 EDT, you write:
> >
> > << What is the MST3K????
> >
> >  Does it have something to do with Matlock, or is it just a joke?
> >   >>

> > Mystery Science Theatre 3000!!!!!
> >

> > Cornelius Starfighter
>
> As I have the "live transm. from U..." I know, what the acronym means, but
> what is that Mystery Science Theater 3000????
>
> BTW: do you know, that the starfighter was once the airplane most likely
> to come down (by accident, not voluntarily)?
>
> The european listee (everyone knows who...)

For crisakes people, it's only the best television show of all time!
(ok, The Prisoner is tied for this honor and Space Ghost Coast-to-Coast
and Cartoon Planet are catching up fast).

I have to give our you're-a-peein' pal a break since MST3K hasn't
been carried anywhere over there.  According to what was said at
last year's MST3K Conventio-con-expo-fest-o-rama the SCI-FI channel
has a presence on that side of the pond which should be carrying
the new episodes.  Check yer local listings, podner.

What's the show about?  Listen carefully to the lyrics of the Love
Theme, the entire premise is spelled out there, although for a
couple of years now it has been Mike instead of Joel, and Dr. Forrester
and TV's Frank have been more recently replaced by Mother Pearl Forrester,
Dr. Bobo and The Brain Guy.

To find out more go to the following urls:

www.scifi.com/mst3000 (the official mst3k page)
www.mst3kinfo.com (the semi-official highly informative mst3k news page)
www.ipinc.net/~kepler/asr3k.html (my wacky dual mst3k/moam tribute page)

Keep circulating the tapes!