[ASTRO] Re: WWW site suggestions

.. begin astro-transmission

On Fri, 23 May 1997, J.D. P. Lafrance wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission
>
> <bigger><x-fontsize><param>12</param><x-fontname><param>Times</param>> I have been programed to query the Astro-Listserv for input/feedback
>
> > concerning the Man or Astro-man? WWW site.
>
> > I am here to collect data from human users concerning their
>
> > likes/dislikes/suggestions/slams/acclaims concerning the web pages.
>
> > Any usefull input will be greatly appreciated at Astro-HQ.
>

> if i had any suggestions it would be to have all your music videos available for downloading purposes on your web page. it would make it so much easier for those of out in deep space to gain access to such stellar video transmissions.
>

> bfn,
>
> JDL
<snip!>

I second that motion.  I do most of my browsing from Solaris or Linux,
so I can't use these fancy streaming video plugins, although I do
have players for all of the common, and some uncommon, video file
formats.  Same goes for Real Audio, although I do have plugins for
my environment, the firewall at work blocks the protocol used by
RA.