Astro-Update 10/07/97

Auto- Astro- Update

Updated 10/07/97

Greetings Earth Based Computer User,

Your message has been recieved by the Man or Astro-man? Electronic Mail Bot.

This is an auto-generated response which goes out to all incoming mail.

Man or Astro-man is currently on tour.
We are unable to answer your email until we return.
We will be on tour until November 26,1997.
Please re-send your mail at that time.
We will not receive/save/view/respond to any mail until we return.

In this list you will find answers to many typical astro-related questions.

Please read this letter first, if you can't find the answer here, then check our www site at astroman.com

If no luck there, try asking the Man or Astro-man? listeserv (details below)

If STILL no luck, feel free write us back directly, after Nov. 26,  but include "NoLuck" in the subject line.

We are making every effort to answer all our mail by members of the band only. So please be specific with your questions.

With that all said...here we go:

To join the Man or Astro-man? listserv just send the following command:

subscribe astro-list Firstname Lastname

in the *BODY* of an email to the following address: listserv@furball.slime.org

and you will be added to the Man or Astro-man? listserv!

News:

New Release!!!

"Made From Technetium"  Our 8th Full Length LP/CD is out now,

on Touch and Go Records.

Upcoming Shows:

WED 10/8        ORLANDO, FL             Sapphire Supper Club    confirmed

>THU 10/9        JACKSONVILLE, FL        Milk Bar                confirmed

FRI 10/10       TAMPA, FL               The Rubb                confirmed

SAT 10/11       GAINESVILLE, FL         G'ville Music Harvest   confirmed

SUN 10/12       TALLAHASSEE, FL         Club Downunder - FSU    confirmed

MON 10/13       NEW ORLEANS, LA         The Howlin' Wolf        confirmed

TUE 10/14       day off

WED 10/15       HOUSTON, TX             West Park               confirmed

THU 10/16       AUSTIN, TX              Emo's                   confirmed

FRI 10/17       DALLAS, TX              Galaxy Club             tentative

SAT 10/18       OKLAHOMA CITY, OK       Will Rogers Theatre     confirmed

SUN 10/19       travel day

MON 10/20       ALBUQUERQUE, NM         Launch Pad              confirmed

TUE 10/21       PHOENIX, AZ             Boston's                confirmed

WED 10/22       SAN DIEGO, CA           Brick by Brick          confirmed

THU 10/23       LOS ANGELES, CA         The Palace              confirmed*

FRI 10/24       LONG BEACH, CA          The Foothill            confirmed

SAT 10/25       SAN FRANCISCO, CA       Bimbo's                 tentative

SUN 10/26       SACRAMENTO, CA          El Dorado               confirmed

MON 10/27       travel day

TUE 10/28       EUGENE, OR              John Henry's            tentative

WED 10/29       VICTORIA, BC            The Limit               tentative

THU 10/30       VANCOUVER,BC            Starfish Room           tentative

FRI 10/31       PORTLAND, OR            La Luna                 confirmed

SAT 11/1        SEATTLE, WA             RKCNDY                  confirmed

SUN 11/2        BELLINGHAM, WA          3B Tavern               tentative

New European Dates:

Tue 11-11 D Koln - Underground

Wed 12-11 D Bielefeld - JZ Kamp

Thu 13-11 D Berlin - Trash

Fri 14-11 D Leipzig - Conne Island

Sat 15-11 D MŸnchen - Strom

Sun 16-11 CH Fribourg - Frison

Mon 17-11 off

Tue 18-11 F Paris - La Boule Noire

Wed 19-11 B Brussel - Anciennne Belgique
Thu 20-11 NL Amsterdam - Melkweg

Fri 21-11 GB London - Garage

Sat 22-11 GB Leeds - Ducchess tba

Sun 23-11 GB Glasgow - King Tut's

New Releases:

-Made from Technecium - New Full Length CD/LP  OUT NOW.

-1000X  New EP/CD  10" vinyl record on Touch & Go  OUT NOW!!

-Gearhead Magazine Insert 7" split single w/Chrome    OUT NOW!!-UFO's and the Men who Fly Them / Drugracer Records / 7" OUT NOW

Other contacts:

Our WWW Site:  www.astroman.com

listserv:   astro-list@furball.slime.org

Booking:  boche@billions.com