[ASTRO] Re: Dexter X / Servotron news, P. S.

The item from John Britt's "Heckler" column that I posted earlier
today is now up on the _Flagpole_ website  <http:\\www.flagpole.com>.
 It contains an additional two-sentence quote there, at the end of
the first paragraph.  Sorry about the redundancy, but here's the
whole thing, one last time:

THERE'S A STARMAN LIVING DOWN MY STREET: Trekkies and Dick Dale fans
alike hang their heads as local geek-rocker Hayden Thais hangs up his
road uniforms and takes a break from the road. As reported in the
August 5 Heckler, Thais had left his position as guitarist Dexter X in
the surf-rock space cadets Man Or Astroman? and has now also decided
to keep the activity of Devo-esque pop robot assassins Servotron down
to a bare minimum. Thais told Flagpole that although he'd met a host
of great people and appreciated the opportunity to travel both Europe
and Stateside, the days of "trying to convince a club to let the band
sleep on the stage" had to come to an end. "I'm in more debt than I
was before I got involved with these bands," explained the guitarist.
Servotron is still planning to release a split CD on Lance Rock
Records which will also feature The UJ3R5's first album from 1979 but
beyond that the band has no real status. "Free time allowing, we could
do more," remarked Thais. "Right now, though, I can't see that
happening."

WHAT A POOR ROBOT TO DO? The rest of the band will pursue their own
interests, both in and out of Athens, while Hayden is looking forward
to settling down. "The life of a touring musician caters first and
foremost to the drunken womanizer," Thais told Flagpole. "If you're a
drunken womanizer, [you should] get in a touring band you'll reach
your goals. If you're just some nerd that wants to be alone and read
books, it's difficult. We just didn't fit the criteria." Years of
touring with a van full of gadgets and clumsy outfits may have taken
their toll: Thais says that although he would never record, say, an
album of sorrowful, introspective songs, his theme-band days of yore
are past. Sitting in Flagpole's office recently, Hayden glanced at his
green Levis and short-sleeved shirt and added, "Look at this. In any
other band I could go straight from here to a show and play in this."