[ASTRO] SRA@PDX 980328

Quickie review of Servotron in Portland last Saturday: great show!

Portland audiences are still a disappointment to the 'bots, however,
with pretty lax and lame heckling.  Some of the attempts at audience
interaction went on a bit long and may have cheated us of a song or
two.  That fact that the whole 50 minutes seemed more like 20 minutes
is a tribute to how entertaining this band is.  (However, way too much
time was wasted in debates between Servotron and members of Delta `72,
who were in the audience.)

It has become a tradition now that some idiot in the audience has
to shout "Your mother is a toaster!" every night.  Last Saturday,
the honor of being that idiot was mine.

Z40BX said, among other things, "Originality Zero, you lame ass
goatee-wearing Mother F***er!".  It's true, I am sporting a goatee
these days.  Being personally and publicly abused by Z40BX is an
honor and a thrill.  The only thing better would be some direct
discipline from Proto-Unit V3.

00ZX1 said, among other things "All of you internet geeks make sure
your website says that my mother is _not_ a toaster!".  I'm working
on a new separate Servotron page for my ASTRO-site, which will have
my, umm... response to that request.  I'll post when that is done
and up for browsing.

I've got a really really good quality tape of the show.  The best
I've made of any show to date.  I think I have the right microphone
set-up, finally.  Anybody else out there have tapes of Servotron shows?
I would love to trade.

Astro-content of this post?  Let me put it this way, the drummer for
one of the opening acts said this was the fourth time they've opened
for "Man or SERVOTRON".  I think most of us here know what he means
by that.