[ASTRO] Re: Servotron assimilates Los Angeles humans... (LONG, boring account)

.. begin astro-transmission [FSB0E327.2.3]

>Parking in the area was atrocious (basically, there is NONE), so we had to use
>the Troubadour's valet service.  People who had already bought tickets for the
>show were let in at 8 and told to wait in the bar area while the bands did
>soundcheck; everyone else had to wait about 15 or so minutes outside before
>they were able to by tix at the box office.  At this point, there were barely
>enough people to call it a "handful."  The merchandise area in the bar area
>wasn't set up yet for Servotron.  It was a restless time indeed.

As far as the parking goes we did the same thing.. when i went to see
supernova there our car got towed.. taking no chances this time. As far as
when they let people in.. we didn't get there till half way in to "captured
by robots!" first song, and i was on the list anyway so i didn't worry
about tickets. No money for merchandise, oh well.

>The music needs a lot of work, but the stage show (with the guy being made a
>slave to his robots) was pretty neat... sometimes repetitive, but it's not
>everyday you see something like this.  From where I was standing (up front,
>stage right), I could see Birdstuff (aka Z4-OBX) watching for a bit, with this
>"What the... ?" expression on his face.  I'm not sure if he hadn't seen
>Captured by Robots before, or was just amazed how one guy could be so
>completely out of his mind.

I gave Birdstuff (still not sure if we are allowed to use real names in
here) a pile of my zine's. He and Proto Unit V3 were very impressed by the
job i did.  Birdstuff said he had seen captured by robots on strange
universe and loved the show.

>The next band, F.H. Hill Company, was a bit more straightforward hard rock /
>punk outfit.  Or so I thought... the lead singer seemed quite balanced before
>his band was ready for their performance.

The drummer from FH hill co. is mike mchugh.. who recorded the new
supernova and part of the new servotron. There is an article on his
recording studio in the new issue of my zine.

>Also, when the 00zX1 pointed out a rather drunk, silly human in "women's
>sunglasses," and asked Proto Unit V-3 to examine his genitals, he proceeded to
>climb up on stage, ignoring Proto Unit V-3 telling him not to.  She pushed him
>off the stage and was brutally insulted by her.  00zX1 then claimed he was
>wrong in assessing him... he, in fact, "swings in the other direction," and
>because Andros 600 Series likes "having his backdoor waxed," the drunk guy
>could meet up with him upstairs after the show.

The silly human in "women's sunglasses" was geoff harrington of FiLmStAr
fame. He used to run Saturation studios where supernova recorded all of
their origional material with Hayden in the band. Saturation has since
become the distillery, which mike mchugh from fh hill co runs.

>And Serovtron was asking the audience for good heckles, but they got mostly
>lame ones dealing with "Small Wonder," "Short Circuit," and why they were able
>to drink water onstage when they're robots.  And the ones that tried
>"heckling" got verbally torn apart by those pesky robots... too funny.
>Brutal, but funny.  A quote from Proto Unit V-3:

I was the one who got torn apart by the robots after yelling "your momma
was an atari!" I was expecting it though. Overall It was a great show but i
missed the lack of constant humor and audience interaction, like there was
at the last 2 supernova shows. For a while there was pretty much silence
and clapping from the crowd for servotron, but i still loved it.

I appologise for the grammar and spelling in this e-mail

~Ben

OFFICIAL SUPERNOVA WEB PAGE
http://home.earthlink.net/~cynot3
Phazerblast Fanzine:
#1 w/ the Queers and Swingin' Utters
one 55 cent stamp
#2 w/ Moam? and Mtx.. SOLD OUT!
#3 w/ Servotron, 4, the Iron ons
Out Now!!.. $1.00 ppd
I am looking for contributions to both the
web page and Phazer Blast.. e-mail me for
info cynot3@earthlink.net
"Turn off the fan? Does Ben have a switch on
him somewhere?" - ART NOVA
"I know it's your senior year in high school
and you're trying to party it up, but, It's
not a crime to take a shower Ben"- Z4-OBX