[ASTRO] Re: experimental?

.. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]

Some of "Fruit of Causey"'s statements threaten to start a "Starcrunch
vs. Trace" thread.  Well, I'm going to pick that up and run with it
for just a few yards.

I'm glad everyone is welcoming Trace with open arms, as do I.
I am a little less glad that in doing so, some people seem to
be dissing on Starcrunch a little.  Strong band loyalty is a good
thing among fans, but I don't like it when loyal fans trample
all over past band members in their rush to greet new ones.

Starcrunch was more than an amazing guitarist, he was a founding member
of MOA?, and one whole third (at least) of a composing/recording trio,
and one of the people who actually cooked up the whole idea of the
band.

You can't lose someone like that and still be the same band.  They
are still a good version of MOA?, but they are certainly not the same
MOA?.  This becomes quite apparent when they play some of the older
songs live with the new lineup.

Don't get me wrong, I still love MOA?, new members included.
At the same time, I'm watching for whatever the former Starcrunch
does next.  I'll bet it will be pretty cool, too.

For me, the key member of the band "culturally" has always been
Coco.  As long as there is Coco, there is MOA?.