[ASTRO] Re: she's an indies rocker, no one's gonna stop her

.. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]

Don't wanna drag this tired thread out too far, but...

I really was just trying to be funny.  Didn't anyone find the
image of black velvet paintings of sad-eyed and pierced punk
orphans funny?  I'm going to have to actually create the damned
monstrosity now.  The black velvet painting muse hasent bitten
me for a few years, I guess it's time again.

Of course my nature/capitalism simile is flawed.  Similes always
break down when you analyze them.

It came off like I was making excuses for big evil record labels.

To the contrary, my intention was to caution artists against trusting
people just because they slap the word "independant" in front of
their company name.  Further, I intended to caution artists and fans
against expending precious lifespan on drowning in their own bile
because they want to change the behavior of others.  It _is_ a simple
fact of life that you can't change what other people do, only what
choices you make.  Just call me Deepak Chowderhead.

Some people are just going to be usurouos assholes.  Learn how to recognize
and avoid them.  Fighting them just wears you out and gives them cheap
amusement.  All IMHO, of course.

Mookie