[ASTRO] Re: star wars trailer, Star ship troopers

.. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]

Never heard of Heinlein?!  Please, get familiar, you won't regret it
if you have any taste for good "hard" science fiction.

Are you telling me Verhoven made "Strip Tease"?  Really?  If so, it is
a major departure from his usual style and choice of subject matter.

Here's the irony that pulls this all together: I am a huge fan
of both Robert Henlein and Carl Hiaasen, but I thought "Starship
Troopers" was _better_ than the book (face it, the book is the plotless
meandering diary of a soldier and kinda boring really), but "Strip Tease"
was vastly inferior to the book (although it is also far from my favorite
Hiaasen novel).

For those who don't know, Hiaasen is not a sci-fi author, he is a columnist
for the Miami Herald who writes excellent crime/comedy novels set in
south Florida.  Give him a read, his stuff is a total hoot.  My faves
are "Native Tongue", "Skin Tight" and his latest "Lucky You".

Astro-content?  Ummm... I'm sure there are Heinlein fans among past
and present members of MOA? and Servotron, and judging by their tour
diaries, MOA? have been face to face with the kind of stranger-than-fiction
craziness that happens in Hiaasen's novels.

Mookie