[ASTRO] Re: new Star Wars trailer

.. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]

They showed the new trailer on the news last night.  It looks pretty
good but...  Sorry, I gotta be a little critical.  That chick who
plays the queen or whatever is a _terrible_ actress!  It makes my
skin crawl to hear her awkwardly recite her lines like they are in
some language she doesn't understand.  And what is with the fake
British accent?  Has Lukas standardized on a British accent for the
Empire?  And some of the computer-generated effects are waaay too
obviously computer-generated effects.  This is a big step backward
in effects quality for StarWars, and continues the downward spiral
evidenced in the original series.  In the first movie, there was never
a moment when something on the screen jolted me out of the fantasy
and reminded me that I was looking at an effect.  As Lucas has
continued the series, he has sacrificed quality for quantity of
effects.  Sure there are more neat looking things flying around and
blowing up, but it just doesn't have the same immersive quality that
the original film had.

Flame away, flyboys.

Mookie