[ASTRO] Re: ten films

.. begin astro-transmission [V-300zX1Z4-0BX600]

Like I said, I implicitly trust the taste of astro-listees, and I
don't want to get too much into debating qualites of various films,
but...

I couldn't help but notice that "Hackers" appears on a lot of your
lists.  What did I miss when I saw that film?  I mean, I've seen
plenty worse, but there was nothing about that film that really
makes it a favorite of any kind.  I have found it particularly
disappointing that no filmmaker has captured the spirit of
Cyberpunk fiction and successfully put it on screen.  Hackers was
an attempt, but just another failure as far as I'm concerned.

Here's my #1 film I would like to see made:

"Snow Crash", based upon the Neil Stephenson novel and realized as
	an anime feature by the same folks who made "Akira" and
	"Ghost in the Shell".

_That_ would be a Cyberpunk film worth watching!