[ASTRO] Re: No, the list isn't dead.

Funny you should bring this up.  I am, at this very moment, doing
the very same thing.  I can't find a Christmas record or CD that
I can enjoy listening to all the way through.  This year, since
I now have a CDR drive, I'm making my own compilation.  I'm
sticking with the MOA? version of "Frosty" however, since it is
the only MOA? christmas song around.

 Check to see if your local
K-Mart has a copy of the Christmas album by a band called
"The Wave Benders".  They're a surf band from Holland, and at least
half of their record really rocks riteously.  It is a little
over-produced, and you should best avoid the few tracks with
vocals, but it is really good, honest.  I found mine at K-Mart,
your mileage my vary.

I don't have the Bomboras or Los Straightjackets Christmas tracks,
unfortunately, although I heard Los Straightjackets do a very
good job of playing the Ventures arrangement of "Sleighride"
last year on the Conan O'Brien show.

Hey, I can't find the Ventures Christmas album anywhere, just
one or two tracks each on various compilations.  Anybody seen
it?

Anybody know where I can get a compilation of the Christmas
singles The Beatles used to do for their fan club members?
It would be cool if MOA? would do something similar for their
fan club.  Then I might actually get around to signing up
sometime.

Enough holiday rambling from me.

Mookie