[ASTRO] Re: Tesla

On Tue, 13 Oct 1998, Larry White wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission [X-HJIKE27.W4]
>
> For you fans of Nikola Tesla, the current issue of Wired (6.10, October) has an interesting retro-scripted "interview" with the genius who invented
> AC, the Tesla Coil, wireless, etc.
>
> Astro-relevances:  Coco is a Tesla devotee.  There's a Tesla link on the
> Astro web page.  Wired gave a glowing featured review to _Destroy All
> Astromen!_.
>
> --Moon Dawg

Yeah! That review is where I first heard of MOA?  That was way back
in 1996.  I guess I'll pick up that Wired for the Tesla thing.
Have you noticed how that magazine started out pretty cool and
highly promising as a champion of electronic freedom and privacy,
but then degenerated into a fluffy techno-fashion magazine whose
techo-political posturing is too little, too late and too shallow?
Best airplane read, though, for some reason.