[ASTRO] Re: servotrons future..

Geez this is depressing stuff.

I really thought the threat to Servotron would be Birdstuff/Z40BX getting
burned-out, not Dexter-X/00ZX1.  I was depending on the continuance of
Servotron to help ease the pain of a MOA? in transition.  I was hoping
that Dexter-X was leaving MOA? so he could devote more time to being
00ZX1.

To answer the question: 00ZX1 was the guitar player, the lead vocal
(except a few songs sung primarily by Proto Unit V3), and the
"dynamic frontman".  This gives an audience the perception that he
is the "leader" of the band, ordering around the other members and
such.  While he played the onstage role of "leader", I'm not sure
where he fits in the actual creative process and management politics
of the band.

I could never decide if the real leader was 00ZX1 or Z40BX.  My best
guess has always been that Z40BX was the managerial leader of the
band, and that 00ZX1 was the musical leader.  At the same time, I also
got the impression that there was a substantial amount of creative
and songwriting input from Proto Unit V3.

Ok.  Here's my idea:  Let's take what's left of both bands and combine
them into the new version of MOA?.  I think a female singer and keyboard
player would put an interesting new spin on the sound of the Astro-Persons.
Even better, there is plenty of room for keyboard support in classic
MOA? tunes, especially some of those early ones featuring organ parts.
There's still a void in the guitar area, but we're getting good reports
from Euroupe about the guy currently performing those duties.  What
do we do with Andro600?  He could be the new Bass player, or maybe switch
between Bass and Rythm if he has the chops, ala Dex/Zeno/Etc.  This would
free up Coco to do more with CocoTronics, Theremin, Fire and crowd
interaction.  Another side benefit is a less hectic schedule for
Birdstuff/Z40BX and more "quality time" betwixt he and the Proto Unit.

Hmmm... so do the assimilated Servotron members continue to be robots
or do they assume new ASTRO-identities?  Would they play any Servotron songs
live?

I hate the idea of Servotron disbanding, but if it's going to happen
anyway, we might as well consolidate the survivors into the re-constituted
MOA?, IMHO.

Mookie