[ASTRO] Re: clone-o-matic

> On 6/16/98 3:30 PM, photoman (mike@phoenixphoto.com) said:
>
> >I was going to go last night, but I got held up at work. I guess I'm kind
> >of glad I missed them last night. I thought this clone thing was just
> >going to be an act by the band not a cover band. It would be like seeing
> >todays version of Pink Floyd, sounds like them, but not the real thing.
> >No thanks.
>
> Bad analogy. Totally different circumstances. Not applicable.
>
> This is not your ordinary band we're dealing with here. This is MAN OR
> ASTRO-MAN?
> They do what they want to do... and they probably always will.
>
> -Grant

But grand, buddy, list-mom, you're missing the point here.
We aren't dealing with MAN OR ASTRO-MAN? here.  We're dealing with
a cover band, a counterfiet, a sham, a hoax, a joke.  We're dealing
with an enigma wrapped in a paradox wrapped in an old newspaper,
doused with lighter fluid and set afire.  Ooops... I think I got
off track there somewhere.

Don't get me wrong.  I don't think ASTRO-fans should stay home
in protest and miss out on a unique and entertaining experience.
I just think they deserve to know the truth about what they're
getting _before_ they get there.  Some things are _not_ good
as surprizes.

Mookie

P.S.  Besides, just so I can be contrary with _everyone_, I like
	the more recent incarnations of Pink Floyd.  Any band
	with Tony Levin on bass is OK by me.