[ASTRO] Re: Rock Commercials

> .. begin astro-transmission [X-HJIKE27.W3]
>
> Greetings:
>      Yeah, I agree. It's just good music and doesn't preach one way, or the
> other.
>      As for the VW commercials, there's the one with Trio's, "Da Da Da",
> then there are the new Beetle commercials featuring Stereolab, as well as
> the one featuring the Orb's, "Little Fluffy Clouds".
>      If MOA? or Servotron did a commercial (fat chance) what would they
> sell and which song(s) wold they use?
> --Fiber Unit

Actually, I've noticed that Surf music is very popular in TV commercials
of all kinds.  I know MOA? isn't, strictly speaking, "just" a surf band,
but they're close enough for Madison Avenue.

As previously reported, MOA? music has been used in promos for "The Sci-Fi
Channel" and an early promo video clip for the much delayed but still
forthcoming computer game "Space Bunnies Must Die!".

However, our favorite Aliens or Robots actually appearing in a TV
commercial is, I concurr, not very likely.

"Hi.  I'm Coco, The Electronic Monkey Wizard.  You may know my face,
but these bozos at this hotel apparently live under a rock.  So I have
to carry around this silly little piece of earth-plastic called
The American Express Card.  Like eating snack cakes and using the toilet,
The American Express Card is just one more neccessity of life when you're
stuck temporarily in human form.  Plus, it looks really cool if you
pour lighter fluid on it and set it on fire!"

"Attention Human!  I am superior cybernetic being 00ZX1.  You are instructed
to consume Diet Pepsi.  Failure to comply will result in immediate termination.
You have been warned."