[ASTRO] Re: Los Straitjackets?

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Arjan Plug wrote:

> .. begin astro-transmission [X-HJIKE27.W3]
>
> Anyone can recommend this? They're doing a show nearby on saturday (The
> Dutch Firebirds are doing the support) and the band is being described as
> "even better than Man or Astroman? and Servotron".. Curious now!
>
> Arjan

I've only heard a couple of tracks from Los Straightjackets thus far,
but that is certainly enough to recommend attending the show.  Where can
I get a look at their schedule?  I don't want to miss them in my area,
if I haven't already.

About them being "even better...", it all depends on what kind of comparison
you are making.  What I heard from LS was very good surf played very
tightly and cleanly.  If you're primarily a surf fan, I suspect LS is
going to be more to your liking than the broader and more experimental
music of MOA? or Servotron.

In my opinion, there are a handful of really good surf bands, like
LS and Galaxy Trio, just to name a couple, but there is only one each
of MOA? and Servotron.  I like all of the above and would go to shows
by any of these bands, and I'm not one of those people who goes to
clubs alot.  I hate the crowds and the smoke and the jerks and the
often horrific opening bands, but I will brave it all to see our
favorite aliens, or robots, or any good surf band.