[ASTRO] Re: Astro-poll and cereal choices

.. begin astro-transmission [XQA00309.3]

> From: GenLand18 <GenLand18@aol.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of <astro-list@furball.slime.org>
> Subject:  [ASTRO]  Astro-poll and cereal choices
>
> .. begin astro-transmission [XQA00309.3]
>
> <<> 2=Back to the Future,
>
> LOVE this one.  Seen it more times than any of you, I bet (there's a story
> behind that if anyone wants to hear it).>>
>
> Ha, ha... I was one of the people who listed this as a fave flick.  I used to
> watch this almost EVERYDAY as a youth.  I think it had more to do with my
> fascination of Crispin Glover... then I found out what a nutcase he was...
> *shudder*  Anywho, still a terriffic film.  So.. what's the story behind
> watching it a billion times, eh?  ;-)

<snip!>

> Asian Dork Princess,
>
> **Leslie** (the Librarian)

Ok, I'll try to keep it short.  Back in 1988 or 1989 I worked as
a circuit board prototyping technician at a small engineering firm.
One of our projects was a closed-circuit video switching system.
The idea was to provide computer-controlled switching between multiple
video sources and multiple TVs.

There was a small-scale system in the lab during develpment and testing
that consisted of three VCRs that did an auto rewind and replay thing,
and three TVs.  These things ran 24 hours a day, including the 12 to 16
hours a day that I worked.

I didn't pick the movies, my boss did, and they were "Alien", "Back
to the Future" and a home video of his hunting trip.  But I could choose
which one had the audio turned up, since I was the only one in the lab
most of the time.

So anyway, I watched "Back to the Future" over and over again, for 12
to 16 hours a day, 4 or 5 days a week, for at least 3 months.

I watched "Alien" only about 3 times, but not because I don't like it.
I just like BTTF so much more.  Besides, "Alien" is the only movie
scary enough to literally give me nightmares as an adult.  That whole
scene when the robot guy tries to kill Ripley, and he's leaking that
milky stuff and they knock his head off... I still shudder.  That
scene totally freaks me out.  Great movie, really.