[ASTRO] Re: STAR WARS WACKINESS

.. begin astro-transmission [XQA00309.3]

> From: "Captain Kirk" <kirk@mail.ltlb.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of <astro-list@furball.slime.org>
> Subject:  [ASTRO]  STAR WARS WACKINESS
>
> .. begin astro-transmission [XQA00309.3]
>
> All this talk of Star Wars on tthe list of late has go me wondering:
>
> Has anyone else heard/seen the album of Star Wars music performed by the
> Electric Moog Orchestra?
>
> I found it at a local record store awhile back in the abyss of records that
> sits below the racks (you know the records that are for sale but no one will
> bother to look through or buy--- except weird-ohs like me--- so they just
> waste away in a disorganized state) and it is quite an experience. I had to
> barter with the clerk just to sell it to me, apparently he was HIDING it in
> there.
>
> Captain Kirk

Hey, think I remember that record!  If it is the one I am thinking of,
it was released back in the 70s and was on one of those cheezy remake
labels like Pickwick Records or something.  It was no big deal when it
was released, intended to either trick undiscriminating consumers into
thinking they're buying the real soundtrack or to be a low-price alternative.
It was sold in drugstores and department stores.

I never bought or heard it.  Today, it sounds like it might be kind of
fun to hear.  I _did_ buy "Starwars and Other Galactic Funk" by Mecco
(or is it Meeco? or Meco?).  I hated disco, but was so nuts over Starwars
I bought it anyway.   Just for giggles, I'd love to find that one again.