[ASTRO] Re: Toons (sorry, no MOA? content)

.. begin astro-transmission

I just want to publicly commend Don on his most excellent
rhapsody dedicated to The Simpsons.  I didn't include it here
because it is kinda long and you all already have it.

Just one thing I would like to add about The Simpsons, and then
I promise my next post will be MOA?-related.  I am constantly
amazed at the plot density of The Simpsons.  I'm not even sure if
"plot density" is a term, but what I mean is that so damned much
stuff happens in one episode.  There is as much story and as many
laughs in one episode of The Simpsons as there is in, literally,
about six episodes of any other sit-com.

But my favorite toon is still Space Ghost C2C and Cartoon Planet.
I was obsessive about early Ren and Stimpy, but it changed from
creative weirdness to obligatory grossness as the seasons wore on.

The best single toon segment of all time is "Space Madness" from
Ren and Stimpy, closely followed by the original Warner Bros singing
frog cartoon.

Yikes!  You can see I'm a little nutty about toons.  Sorry about
the length of this.

Mookie

P.S.  Anybody else remember a magazine called "Wild Cartoon Kingdom"?
It was the coolest toon mag ever, unafraid to talk trash about behemouths
like Disney, and brave enough to let Kricfalusi tell his own
full story about the Nickelodeon debacle.

The executive editor was none other than the hyper-controversial Larry Flint,
but it was _not_ a "dirty magazine".